Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Insignificant ramblings of a not-so-quiet heart

2011.  I've never actually accomplished the completion of a New Year's Resolution; except when I went through that phase after college where I resolutely attempted to accomplish nothing.  That worked out well.  So, for this year, I set goals that are supposed to make me feel like an active member of society.  What better way to become an involved citizen than to--that's right-BLOG!  
I have wanted to do this for a long time, but I just had a child, before that taught full time, etc.  I just want to set up a cyber-closet full of all my proverbial laundry.  Is that narrow enough for a blogging topic? No? Too bad.  So this will be partly reflections on the day-to-day as a new mother, some creative writing that just needs to be somewhere other than piled between dusty covers under the coffee table, observations of art, etc.  I called this the Clamorlogue because if there's one way to describe me, it's frenetic.  My life is filled with noise.  The cadence of a hungry child, the thumps and thuds of my apartment neighbors, the inner-workings of a prototypical machine of a partnership, and MUSIC.  Oh, how we love music around here.  My baby girl actually wakes up if it's too quiet at naptime.  
I guess if I had a goal for this new year, it would be consistency--to consistently be frenetic, even.  To embrace and behold.  Right now, I am besotted with my life.  I never thought I'd be there.  So, here's to 2011 and each and every noisy day.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment